Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Pressure of Dinners

We are making friends here in Cambridge. It is pretty fun and (not gonna lie) a little bit like couple-dating. Two couples have invited us to their houses for dinner, and so far, everything has gone really, really well. We have left feeling great - we made new friends!! Look at us go!

I find the first half of the evenings a little bit stressful - What if they don't like me? What if I have nothing interesting to talk about? What if all I talk about is Elizabeth, and they don't like babies? What if Elizabeth is fussy all evening? What if, what if, what if...

But everything works out, and the conversation flows nicely, and I calm down. (And I've usually had a glass of wine...) And then for the second half of the evening, I start freaking out about what I can make for dinner for them when they come over. So much pressure!!


On a completely unrelated note: Elizabeth has her own baby now, and she carries it around and gives it kisses. So sweet!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you might be a bit tough on yourself, Georgie. From what I recall, you could easily have shifted from RN to talk-show host/interviewer. You've got a knack for making people comfortable and engaging in conversations that are anything but one-sided.

Besides - who wouldn't be down with gabbing about your little keebler elf? I'm starting to think your hubby engineered all that cuteness in lab. Nice work, kids!

RL said...

I think you pretty much have the cutest baby I've ever seen, and I am not too quick with the baby compliments these days.

Also, you are a great person, and a blast to hang out with and I would invite you over for dinner in a second.

Hope you're loving life there (Especially now that you're co-parenting again).

R