Wednesday 14 March 2012

Online Shopping: Fail Again!!

You'd think that after 14 months of living here, and doing a big online grocery shop every month or so, I'd be getting better at it.

Wrong!

Turns out I have a complete block when it comes to predicting what we will run out of in a day or two. It's like I cannot shop in advance for essentials - I am so good at stocking up on canned goods, toilet paper and diapers, but so bad at ordering the stuff we actually eat. And when you have a tiny under-the-counter fridge, you don't automatically just buy more of everything, because then you don't have space for it in the fridge.

So last week when I put my order in on Sunday evening, for a delivery Tuesday morning (Monday's slots were all booked), I forgot a lot of stuff. This much stuff:
Haha! Yep! Milk, bread, cheese, peanut butter - aka essentials - completely overlooked. It's pretty sad that I knew we were having friends over on Tuesday night, and I knew that I wanted to make a cauliflower and broccoli casserole... but I forgot to order cauliflower and broccoli.


And even sadder is that you can amend your order up to 10 pm the night before - so I had a full 24 hours to remember to order this extra stuff, and I still forgot. Oh Georgina.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I can relate minus the online shopping part. Also, so lucky you did a weekend to Paris for 5 year anninversary.